And suddenly another week went by. Wonder if I can remember what "important events" have occurred the last seven days.
Well, first of all, "seven days" made me think of "The Ring", which I went to see last night. On my own - aren't I brave?! Wanted to get scared so I decided to watch it at the movie theatre instead of with friends, at home. While I thought it was quite good and at times very creepy I didn't exactly get that "extreme" reaction I had hoped for. Miss the adrenaline pumping from watching a scary movie as a child, but I suppose those days are over and that I now have to find greater challenges to reach such "highs".
Watched "Donnie Darco" and went to see "The Great Dictator" on Wednesday. The former was really good - and confusing - but probably not the kind of movie you can watch more than once or maybe twice. The Chaplin-film from 1940 was as expected excellent. Thought-provoking in it's humorous parodies of political leaders and, of course war.
Speaking of which, I am, since Wednesday last week, "at war" with a certain person. Meaning things have got worse and we basically no longer talk or even associate with one another unless it's absolutely necessary. Thought things were getting better but after an incident on that Wednesday night it all blew up and became more infected than ever. The last couple of days have been slightly better, I think. Or maybe that's just because we haven't seen very much of each other. I'm hoping, though, that this will blow over. Preferably before he leaves for South America, or there's no telling whether we'll ever get back to being friends. I just have so much anger and so many things I would like to confront him about, that I don't really feel are "allowed" any more.
As for the war in Iraq, it's still going on. Don't know how much of the news-reports one should believe. Suspicions about Saddam Hussein not being alive any more are getting stronger and according to the US they have entered Baghdad. I think I need to watch the news more closely, I really don't know what's going on. Wonder if anyone does.
Sunday, April 06, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment